Thank You from Cole Mill Road Church
A huge thank you to all our friends and neighbors who saw our posts on NextDoor and our church sign and contributed food and money to last Saturday's Food Drive for the Interfaith Food Shuttle. We collected over $5000 dollars and 2100 pounds of food (enough food donations to fill two pick-up trucks and a van). We delivered the food to the Food Shuttle in Durham on Tuesday morning. The money and food donated will provide over 14,000 meals to our community.
Have you been looking for something helpful to do during this Covid pandemic? Something you can do safely that will help those who are struggling and in desperate need?
Well, we’ve got something you can do, and it’s not hard nor time-consuming at all!
Cole Mill is sponsoring a Food Drive to aid the mission of the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle, which has been overwhelmed by the increase of hunger in our area, an unfortunate side effect of Covid. Our own Laura Clay works for the Food Shuttle and knows first-hand of this need, and she is excited that we want to help! Food donations will benefit mainly the Durham Children’s Initiative and the Durham Public Schools Foundation.
So here are ways you can help:
- Get the word out! Tell friends, family, co-workers that a food drive is taking place Saturday, June 27th, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at CMR Church of Christ! Here is a flyer that you can email or printout and share.
- Start NOW collecting the desired food items; details are in the flyer. Then drop them off at the food drive on the 27th!
- Sign up here to volunteer an hour of your time to help with the accepting and/or packing of food items!
- If you will not be able to bring food on our designated date, you can drop it off anytime after Sunday, June 14th. There will be a box located under the Worship Center car port!
- Donate monetarily to the Food Shuttle here: CMR Inter-Faith Fundraiser page.